Re: [XHR] send doesn’t explain what to do w hen method is GET

Stewart Brodie wrote:
> I never understood what I should do when an XMLHttpRequest object is
> presented with data to send and the method was GET or HEAD.  Currently, I

Well, the same thing as for any other method. What's so complicated
about that?

> I did briefly also consider automatically converting the method to POST, but
> decided that that was simply dangerous.

Silently rewriting method names is an extremely bad idea, and I'm
shocked that Opera 9.5 beta still seems to do that. AFAIK, this has been
fixed even in Safari by now.

BR, Julian