(wrong string) €™t explain what to do when method is GET

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:47:58 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org

* Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>> That same as would happen with a different method; while this is not
>> always conforming, all requests can have a body, and my recollection is
>> the Working Group decided to give no special treatment to GET requests.
>> If you want the request to have no body, you have to pass nothing or
>> null to the send method.
>
>Is it conforming for a UA to drop the body for GET requests?

Not as far as I can tell. I am aware that existing implementations fail
to send a body in some cases where they are supposed to send one, and do
send one even if they are not supposed to (e.g., they might send a C-L
header on POST requests even if you passed null to send). Is there a
specific reason why this should not make them non-compliant?
--
Bjrn Hhrmann  mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de  http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Weinh. Str. 22  Telefon: +49(0)621/4309674  http://www.bjoernsworld.de