Re: [XHR] send doesnít explain what to do when method is GET

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 11:56:57 -0600
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: public-webapi@w3.org

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>> Is it conforming for a UA to drop the body for GET requests?
>
> Not as far as I can tell.

I'd like to request that this be changed, then.  Otherwise you're effectively
requiring UAs to rewrite their HTTP layers to support entity-bodies with GET
requests (or switch to using different HTTP libraries, etc).  Given the lack of
utility for a body in GET, I don't think that's a reasonable requirement.

-Boris