Re: XMLHttpRequest test suite suggestion

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:01:42 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: <public-webapi@w3.org>

* Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>>   * the internal [[Construct]] method must determine and memorize the
>>     /XHR base resource identifier reference/, the value of the baseURI
>>     property of the document property of the global object associated
>>     with the caller of the method
>
>Er... the caller?  What's the caller in this case?

I don't see what's unclear here. When [[Construct]] is called, that is
the result of evaluating a "new" expression. The expression is part of
one ECMAScript program. Each ECMAScript program has one global object
associated to it. What could you call the "caller" of a [[Construct]]
method where it would be unclear what the caller's global object is?