Re: Clipboard (cut, drag, drop, etc) draft

Charles,

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> Actually for version one I would like to have something that is pretty
> close to what is already implemented.
How safe is this actually ?
I mean... I had the impression that MSIE itself was not very consistent
with this and that loads of security freaks were actually complaining
about it and that it got disabled at some point... am I wrong ?
I understand it'd be great to have code that complies with the spec to
actually run on MSIE and Safari... but I'm feeling this could be an
illusion since this is such a fragile security issue already.
> I also want to go beyond this to a more useful mechanism, but I think
> the best approach is to get out a quick version one, and make a
> version two that actually does what people really want. Part of the
> challenge of that is getting commitment from implementors too, and I
> think that will take more time than I want to spend on version one.
Also note that at least to answer the MathML copy wish, MSIE (and
Safari) are both no-gos since they don't support MathML. MSIE does
through MathPlayer but that does not give complete access to the DOM (to
my knowledge). Safari is planning MathML... maybe one day.
>> hope that helps.
>> May I suggest concrete text bits ?
> These are very helpful. You are most welcome to suggest concrete text
> changes. However, I will probably suggest to the group that we don't
> go too far in version one and instead work towards a version two which
> actually moves beyond today's limits. I am happy to start working on
> that while we are still working on version one, since it can be
> helpful to identify what we are trying to do in general.
ok

paul