Re: XMLHttpRequest test suite suggestion

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:41:12 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: public-webapi@w3.org

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> How is that defined?  Is it possible to take window1.XMLHttpRequest
>> and use apply() to call it with window2 as |this|?
> Sorry, it's the window from which you use the constructor.

That doesn't answer my question above.  It just shifts the burden onto defining
what "the window from which you use the constructor" means.

Could we have a definition in terms of things defined in the ECMA specification
or something?  One that would be completely unambiguous?  I'm getting pretty
tired of definition-by-example, especially without an exhaustive example set.

-Boris