Re: ISSUE-98: open(): requesting a URI with a fragment identifier

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:53:44 +0100, Joao Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>
wrote:
> What happens if there's a base element pointing to
> http://www.example.com/ ?
> Note: rfc 1808 clearly states that fragment identifier are ALWAYS
> resolved within the same document, and therefore base/@href must be
> disregarded.
>
> For me, Gecko's behaviour could be considered a bug.. no ?
>
> Anyway, requesting a url with a fragment identifier, should be the same
> as requesting the current document.

I think you didn't get the test. Resource A made the request to resource
B, as follows:

  client.open(..., "B#foo", ...)

this is not a same document issue at all. (There are issues with same
document references, but they are separate.)