Re: The url parameter of the XMLHttpRequest.open() method

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 23:58:25 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 23:04:39 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> If you want to be compatible with IE for this, what you should check is
> what happens if the base URI is _changed_ while the XMLHttpRequest object
> exists, e.g. by changing the attribute directly or by mutating the <base>
> elements in the document (if that works).

I'm pretty sure I tested changing <base>, though not for things like
XMLHttpRequest, and it had no effect. Similar to changing xml:base in most
browsers (just imagine the impact it has on documents with lots of
resources, do they all need to be reloaded? per which specification?). I
suppose I can test that again though.

With regards to baseURI, Internet Explorer doesn't expose such an
attribute.