Re: [XMLHttpReqest] Introduction Wording

From: Brad Fults <bfults@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:58:13 -0700
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On 10/14/06, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:23:19 +0200, Brad Fults <bfults@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The wording here is clumsy and could be cleaned up. My suggestions are
> > as follows: [...]
>
> Thanks, used. Perhaps you have suggestions for a better "Abstract" as
> well? :-)

The current abstract is mostly accurate, though the word "additional"
is confusing, as it's not clear what client functionality
XMLHttpRequest is adding to. I would suggest using the word
"independent" instead. This makes it clear that XMLHttpRequest can
stand on its own in any application, rather than it being dependent on
some other unspecified underlying technology.

New text:

This specification defines the XMLHttpRequest object, an API that
provides independent HTTP client functionality for transferring data
between a client and a server.

Thanks.

--
Brad Fults