Re: XMLHttpRequest: URI argument for the open() method

From: Brad Fults <bfults@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:04:18 -0700
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On 10/14/06, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/Overview.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#dfn-open
> is what the latest editor draft says on the matter...

So you just decided not to mention conformance requirements for the
URL at all? It seems like some mention should be given as to which
schemes are allowed, as the beginning of the document says:

> some implementations support other protocols besides HTTP (that functionality is not covered
> in this specification though)

But nowhere is it made explicit (as far as I could see) which schemes
are actually covered in the specification.

Thanks.

--
Brad Fults