Re: XMLHttpRequest readystatechange events

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:24:08 +0200
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:51:06 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> At the moment, Gecko allows adding a single "onreadystatechange"
> listener that's notified of changes in readyState.  We would like to add
> the ability to add such listeners via addEventListener; the event name
> would be "readystatechange".
>
> The timeline for this would be to make the change in development builds
> in the next several weeks and to ship it hopefully early next year.
>
> Does this seem acceptable?  If not, are there counter-proposals?

This has been integrated in the draft:

    The readystatechange event MUST be dispatched when
    readyState changes value. It MUST NOT bubble, MUST
    NOT be cancelable and MUST implement the Event
    interface.

I should probably add something about namespaces with all the events in
namespaces fu going around. The event SHALL be not in a namespace, fwiw.