Re[4]: A typo in The XMLHttpRequest Object W3C working draft

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

BH> As Anne pointed out, we will have this problem fixed in the next
BH> version. Does that address your concern?

As I said, I have already seen the next draft in the 'dev' part, so I
know it's been fixed (with the whole para rephrased) :). I am just a
picky translator who would always notice minor errors and typos in
some docs written by other people (and probably make some in my own
docs :)).

BH> changes are not immediately reflected on
BH> http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest because the W3C publication
BH> process attempts to find a balance between some level of stability
BH> and keeping interested parties up to date through new drafts;

I see. Sounds like a reasonable approach. The only thing is, if you
ask me (who am I, and why bother yourself with that, but still :)), I
would say it's better to _either_ place the last draft at
http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest, _or_ not make it public at all
until the whole process is completed. Otherwise it seems logically
inconsistent: one reads a draft saying "the last working draft" on the
W3C website, and almost immediately sees another "very last working
draft" in another public part of the W3C website :).

BH> On http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html you can read
BH> more about this process.

Thank you, I will read it carefully.

M.K.

--
Maksym Kozub        (+380 44)424-1792(tel./fax), (+380 67)466-5174(mob.)
          Translations          Interpreting          Editing