Re: Request For Feedback on Event Groups

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 23:18:04 -0500
To: doug.schepers@vectoreal.com
CC: "'Public Web API'" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Doug Schepers wrote:
> The WebAPI WG would like to solicit feedback about Event Groups,
> particularly from implementors. Do Event Groups fill a current need? Are
> they implemented in your UA, or are you planning to do so? Are they used by
> authors in the wild?
>
> Basically, are there compelling reasons to either keep them or to get rid of
> them?

The only event groups Gecko implements at the moment are the "normal" and
"system" event groups.  The bubbling phase in the "system" event group is when
default actions take place.  This can be used by authors of XBL bindings, for
example (and is).  Note that none of this requires actually exposing the system
event group per se; there's just an XBL syntax to add listeners in that group
instead of the "normal" one.

I'm not sure we have particular plans to implement other event groups.

-Boris