Re: focus/blur events

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:27:07 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> Having said all this, it is unclear to me exactly what it means for the
> DOM Events spec to have these events, and so I'm unsure as to whether it
> makes any sense to discuss "adding" or "removing" events from this spec.

As I understand it specifications are supposed to define what the events
in DOM3EV mean for their elements and when they are dispatched etc.
Implementations only implement the basic interfaces, the whole DOM3EV
model, etc. So if DOM3EV has some new event it is something specifications
conforming to DOM3EV have to take into account and if DOM3EV deprecates
some event that would be another example of where a specification might
need some changes. (The CustomEvent thingie is the exception to this
obviously...)

It basically defines a core set of events to be referenced by (conforming)
specifications where the specifications define the detailed semantics of
the events.