Re: ISSUE-57: DOM3EV: Attr mutation events optional?

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:34:13 +0200
Cc: Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>

On Mar 28, 2006, at 12:15, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Since attribute nodes never has a parent, no mutation events should
> ever bubble up from them.

Yeah, that's the beauty of it :)

> Of course, there is the issue of bubbling events from the textnode
> inside the attribute to the attribute. I don't think I care too
> much either way on this one since I believe it would be relativly
> easy to implement in mozilla, not sure how other implementors feel
> though.

I agree with Björn when he says that it might be harder for some
implementations to actually not support them, since text nodes inside
Attr would have to be special-cased. I don't really care though, I
doubt it'll affect even the weirdest cases.

Of course the right thing to do is to go back in time and prevent
Attr from having children before it happens.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist