Re: ISSUE-57: DOM3EV: Attr mutation events optional?

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:34:13 +0200
Cc: Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>

On Mar 28, 2006, at 12:15, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Since attribute nodes never has a parent, no mutation events should
> ever bubble up from them.

Yeah, that's the beauty of it :)

> Of course, there is the issue of bubbling events from the textnode
> inside the attribute to the attribute. I don't think I care too
> much either way on this one since I believe it would be relativly
> easy to implement in mozilla, not sure how other implementors feel
> though.

I agree with Björn when he says that it might be harder for some
implementations to actually not support them, since text nodes inside
Attr would have to be special-cased. I don't really care though, I
doubt it'll affect even the weirdest cases.

Of course the right thing to do is to go back in time and prevent
Attr from having children before it happens.

Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist
    Expway, http://expway.com/