Re: ISSUE-53: License terms for IDL and bindings

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:47:07 +0200, Web APIs Issue Tracker
<dean+cgi@w3.org> wrote:

> I recommend instead that Web API specifications make clear that anyone
> is free implement the interfaces therein, whether correctly or not,
> but of course may not make factually incorrect claims of conformance.

In principle this comes down to a process issue that we have to raise
through W3C management. (Roughly) the licensing agreements are part of the
Process as agreed by the members from time to time, and these are in turn
part of the contracts that make W3C exist, so it might take some time to
chase down.

Anyone want a nasty lawyer-oriented action item?

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                     chaals@opera.com