Re: ISSUE-50: Should capturing EventListeners registered on the target fire?

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:34:32 -0800
To: Sergey Ilinsky <sergey@backbase.com>
Cc: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, "Web APIs WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>

> All,
>
> Why do you think the specifyed in DOM-Events module processing model
> should be changed? I think the existing behaviour where capture-type
> listeners are not being processed on the target fits the entire set
> of requirements that could be met. The model is clear enough,
> while being logical.
> In BackBase Presentation Client we have proper implementation of
> DOM-Event-Level-3 and we see how good it works.

The main problem was that we simply couldn't figure out what behaviour
DOM Level 2 called for. Up until I found that one sentence most things
seemed to point to the opposite behaviour.

DOM Level 3 has never been more then a working draft so it's behaviour
is fairly irrelevant IMHO.

However it does seem like DOM Level 2 does indeed specify it, which
means that even though I think that things had been more useful if
specified the other way around it seems like we should follow DOM Level
2 behaviour.

/ Jonas