Re: in defence of listener discovery

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:13:32 -0000
To: "WebAPI WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>
Cc: <wai-liaison@w3.org>

"Al Gilman" <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
> Assistive technologies need to be able to discover these action
> opportunities
> in order to set up alternate actuation modalities for their users.

I don't understand why hasEventListener is required for this - an assistive
technology can just override the addEventListener method to catch all
registrations of events and store them - this is a lot more efficient on the
user agent than querying every element in the document for the few that have
events registered on them.

I have done similar things in the past with similar methods for AT's and it
worked very well for my purposes.

Cheers,

Jim.