DOM-Events: Non-bubbleable means non-capturable?

From: Sergey Ilinsky <sergey@backbase.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:48:03 +0100
To: "\"Web APIs WG\"" <public-webapi@w3.org>
Dear All,

We've got several events that do not bubble,
they are: focus, blur, load etc.
Due to them I have an unclear issue that I'd like to hear
your opinion on: Must ALL the events dispatched by the
implementation or by developer have capturing-phase
(including the ones mentioned above)?

Since there is no DOM interface for dispatching
non-capturable events, I would guess the answer
to this question is "yes" but the test case given
below proves different behaviour in FF.

<input type="text"/>
<script type="text/javascript">
document.getElementsById("test").addEventListener("focus", function(oEvent){alert(1);}, true);
</script>

The alert is never fired, that actually means that
non-bubbleable event "focus" is non-capturable!
This is appear to me to be wrong.

What is the reality/behaviour we will go with?
Could the WEB-APIs group raise an issue on the topic?

Regards,
Sergey Ilinsky/

System Architect
BackBase B.V.