Re: ACTION-87: Selectors API

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:30:05 +0100, mozer <xmlizer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > "If the given group of selectors (selectors) is invalid ..."
> > OR
> > "If the given group of selectors (selectors) contains an invalid selector
> > ..."
>
> Right, fixed that too. Thanks!
>
> (<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/selectors-api/draft/selectors-api.htm?rev=1.7>)

Please use the phraseology "if the given group of selectors (selectors) is
invalid, the UA must raise...", rather than referring to the group of
selectors containing individual invald selectors. For example, this:

   foo,,bar

...is an invalid group of selectors, but doesn't contain an invalid
selector per se (unless you consider the nothingness between the commas to
be an invalid selector, which I suppose is arguable).