Re: ACTION-87: Selectors API

"Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:19:16 +0100, Daniel Schierbeck
> <daniel.schierbeck@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This seems like a really good idea. I'm not sure about the method name.
>
> There is now:
>
>  .match()
>  .matchAll()
>
> ... per some discussion on #webapi. Thanks for your feedback.

as per later discussion on #webapi, please change these names, .match is too
similar to match in ES, and I would expect it to take a regular expression
(perfectly reasonable to run a regular expression over a DOM).

Also it's very odd to have .match() return only the first of something, it
should return all of them, like everywhere else the name is used to avoid
confusion (I'm not sure of the use case of just matching one anyway, please
provide - if it's scripting performance, let's have a limit on the general
case, because I often only what the first 4 things as much as only 1, gEBI
covers the 1 case...)

Mainly these names say nothing about their inescapable link to Selectors,
they should.

Jim.