Re: DOM Views confusion

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:55:10 +1100
To: public-webapi@w3.org

Ian Hickson:
> Currently in the DOM there are two ways of getting at views: the
> document.defaultView attribute, and the view attribute of UIEvent objects.

So if the ViewCSS is not the default view, there is actually no way to
get to it?

> I don't know of any UA that actually implements multiple Views.

I'm trying to fit Window into Batik.  Currently, it has a ViewCSS as its
default view.  It doesn't make sense (wrt Batik's class hierarchy) to
have that object also implement Window, so these two views will have to
be separate objects.  Am I correct in surmising, then, that implementing
Window and exposing computed styles are mutually exclusive, unless both
views are implemented by the same (default) view, and code makes the
assumption that it is that default view that implements ViewCSS?

It looks to me like DocumentView needs to expose all views of the
document somehow.

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au