Re: ISSUE-43: change to "common baseline"?

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 13:23:07 -0000
To: "Web APIs WG \(public\)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

"Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
> If that was our only criteria then I would say the spec should look vastly
> different. I still think our main goal with this spec is define something
> that shows what works today. Both from an implementor and from an authors
> point of view.

Whilst smoothing out anything that is mainly down to bugs in UA's.

My view on the above issue is forget it, XHR is completely distinct from
current event handling, and I see no reason to attempt to integrate it.  I'm
not even convinced it will ever need a version 2, depending on what else the
WebAPI group produces.

Jim.