Re: ACTION-70: Define the scope chain of onFoo events reference issue-1

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:54:39 +0100
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

* Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>3) Event handler DOM properties have a function value. Getting the
>property retrieves any event listener function previously set using
>the property or corresponding markup attribute.

We should not really refer to the Function objects represented by the
onfoo="" and .onfoo attributes as listeners in the EventListener sense,
what you say above reads as if you could do something like

  t.removeEventListener('click', t.onclick, false);

which you can't without a preceding addEventListener call.