Re: ACTION-70: Define the scope chain of onFoo events reference issue-1

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:19:20 -0000
To: <public-webapi@w3.org>

"Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
> In DOM Level 2 Events, the order in which event listeners trigger was
> undefined. DOM Level 3 Events will specify an ordering, which is the
> order in which they are added.

I'm not sure I see the motivation for this, it's not backwards compatible, I
cannot see it has any usecases - why not leave it an undefined ordering?

In fact I see many more use cases for being able to explicit set a later
defined event should be fired first, rather than forcing it to last - e.g.
so you can prevent all listeners you've not added from responding.

>  so the Firefox order would compl with the new spec.

so should foo.onclick fire before or after foo.setAttribute('onclick',... )
?   :-)

Jim.