ACTION-48 Draft text for XHR listing commonly implemented properties and methods that we don't specify

From: Gorm Haug Eriksen <gormer@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:13:30 +0100
To: "Web APIs WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Hi,

This is a list of commonly implemented properties and functions that isn't
in any spec and which will not make it to the first XMLHttpRequest
specification. The WG might specify these methods/techniques in the second
release.

1.) onerror - Mozilla
2.) onprogress - Mozilla, Opera (using DOM3 Load)
3.) onload - Mozilla, Opera, Safari (onSuccess, onComplete)

4.) bool multipart - Mozilla

5.) responseBody - IE
6.) overrideMimeType - Mozilla, Safari (Opera does this auto-magically)

I have also looked at some of the features found in toolkits:
7.) ontimeout
8.) retries if failed
9.) batch/bulk/group loading of content
10.) form submits