ACTION-91: mousewheel event

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:34:33 +0100
To: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Here is some text for a mousewheel event per our latest telcon. We decided
to postpone discussing multiple directions or multiple input devices for
now (ISSUE-33). It is unclear to me whether my action included drafting up
the interface or not so I left that out for now...

  mousewheel
    The mousewheel event MUST be dispatched on the currently
    focused object when the user uses his mouse wheel or uses a
    device that achieves similar effects as mouse wheels
    according to platform conventions or environment
    configuration.

ISSUE: Instead of focused object is it perhaps document.activeElement?
ISSUE: Is "focused object" defined somewhere in the document?
ISSUE: Draft the interface and text for that.

(There are probably some other issues, feel free to point them out.)

This relates to ACTION-91 and ISSUE-30.