Re: ACTION-61: text for embedding part of the Window object

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:22:29 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> I'm not sure that it's a good idea to define the exact security policy
> here. Shouldn't we allow implementations to return null rather then
> throwing?

Well, at the moment it doesn't say MUST throw, but MAY throw... I'm not
sure yet how to handle the security cases. It's obviously important enough
to mention it in the specification, but limiting the UA in what it can do
may not be such a good idea either. This does not solely apply to this
though. We should probably discuss in what level of detail we want to
define what UAs have to do. Personally I'd be happy with not defining what
they have to do but just pointing out the potential security problems UAs
probably have to act upon in order to make browsing secure.