Re: ACTION-61: text for embedding part of the Window object

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Using <code>Window.top</code> within the root document makes no
> difference.

I'm not sure we really need that sentence....

> Implementations MAY throw for any of these attributes for
> security reasons. Some language specific bindings allow these DOM
> attributes, even though readonly, to be set to different values. In such
> cases UAs reflect the values set by the script author.

Note that not only can different values be set, but the values don't even have
to be Window objects.  :(  Also, the change may or may not outlive a new
document being loaded in the window; I don't recall.  Not sure how much of this,
if any, should be specified.

>> That doesn't work for window.open() and <a target> at the very least.
>
> How can it be set by <a target>?

If there is no window with the name "namedWindow", such a window is created and
"someURL" is loaded in it.  In this case, the window.name for the new window is
"namedWindow", but there is no referencing element and there has been no script
running.

-Boris