Re: Safe copy and paste with scripts

Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> As to notice... well... they will notice when they paste that the
>> copied text is just wrong! Or they don't care about the content they
>> just pasted...
> And do you think at that point that any significant portion of the
> users will know to go to the "copy text" menu-item?
The most frequent need for copy text I expect is as follows:
- a user selects
- the copied text is empty or bizarre (e.g. "don't copy me"!)
- the user tries again surprised, maybe using something else than the
shortcut. First chance to see the menu item.
- the user then searches for copy in some help or forum and should find
it as well or maybe complains to the provider which should, of course,
also be aware of it.

Note, oh note, if you do not want a copy-text menu-item, there's no way
to allow websites to have onCopy handlers and still prevent abuse... or
do I mistake ?

paul