Re: ACTION-195: mousewheel proposal

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Based on discussion by Maciej, Ian and Björn I propose the following
> for the two mousewheel events we want to introduce based on the
> discussion during the SF F2F.

This doesn't seem to handle one of the important use cases, namely, being
able to override horizontal scrolling to do script-based scrolling, but
leaving vertical scrolling as being handled by the UA. IF the user goes
diagonally, then one event will fire with two fields set to non-zero
values, but the script is stuck: if it cancels the event, the vertical
scrolling won't happen, and if it doesn't, horizontal scrolling will
happen in addition to its own.