Re: [DOM3EV] introduce Event.trusted? (ISSUE-10)

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:15:43 -0500
To: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Jim Ley wrote:
 > My one problem with these, is that they're all User Agent reasons for wanting
it, very good ones, none of them provide reasons for exposing it outside of the
user agent

I agree that in general this is needed by the UA, yeah.  Mozilla XBL will need
it because there are widgets implemented by UA-provided XBL that hang out in web
pages at times; those widgets want to tell apart trusted and untrusted events.
Whether general XBL widgets will want to do so is an interesting question, since
generally speaking untrusted XBL widgets won't be able to _create_ such events...

-Boris