Re: ACTION-87: Selectors API

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:21:33 +0100
To: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 01:46:26 +0100, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
wrote:
>> * IMHO getElementsBySelector() should return a live list, just like
>> getElementsByTagName.
>
> Agreed.

One of the concerns with this is:

  document.getElementsBySelector(':hover')

Some other things are pretty inefficient as well:

  document.getElementsBySelector('div div')

Now if it turns out that implementors don't think these are real problems
I guess it could just be a NodeList instead of a StaticNodeList...

(I will get to the other comments later, when I decide to work on it
further. I'll probably wait until after it's discussed at a WG telcon
first.)