Re: ISSUE-30: mousewheel event

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:56:46 +0100
To: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 06:55:48 +0100, Matthew Raymond
<mattraymond@earthlink.net> wrote:
> If the wheel doesn't scroll, why would you want it to trigger the
> event in the first place???

So you can use it for zooming instead. (If there is a scrollbar you could
do this by canceling the event...)

> If I
> configure my mouse wheel to be an "Undo" button, it should trigger a
> "mousewheel"-type event in the first place.

Is this what actually happens?

> We still need to reconcile the event property names and scale. IE
> uses "wheelDelta", while Mozilla uses "detail", plus the values returned
> by the two are something like this:
>    IEEvent.wheelDelta = MozEvent.detail * -40
>    So I guess there are still some technical matters to debate.

I'm more interested in whether Safari and Internet Explorer differ.
Mozilla doesn't have the right event anyway...