ACTION-87: Selectors API

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:11:46 +0100
To: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>
Hi all,

During the F2F I got an action assigned to me to draft something up for
getElementsBySelector(). Basically a method that would take a selector[1]
as argument and return a (static) list of elements. In the current draft
(attached) there is also an optional second argument that takes an
XPathNSResolver as argument. Might be a bit funny to see things from the
XPath API being reused in the one for Selectors, but it seemed like the
best and easiest solution.

It is not clear at all if the WG will pursue working on this. Probably
depends on community input and if we think it's worth it. Now there is at
least something to discuss about.

Cheers,

Anne

[1]<http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/>