Re: ISSUE-30: mousewheel event

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:42:56 -0000
To: "Web APIs WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>

"Matthew Raymond" <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
>   I'm thinking that the best name would be "mousescroll". That said,
> using "mousewheel" or "DOMMouseScroll" would allow for faster adoption.
> Much as I don't like IE, I'd admit that "mousewheel" is the easier of
> the two to remember.

MouseScroll is a bad name too, for mice with multiple scrollwheels, not all
of them generally scroll, nor is there always an inherent relationship
between wheels and scrolling, just a common one.  A less device specific
name would lose the mouse not the wheel, so something like jogwheel I guess,
but such a name would be silly

Like Ian and Maciej, I say mousewheel is the only logical option right now.

Cheers,

Jim.