Re: NSResolver Re: Selectors API naming

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:15:09 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:09:46 +0100, Chris Wilson
> <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Sorry. I should be saying "what namespace URI is an HTML document in?"
>
> As I said before, currently implementations set the namespaceURI
> attribute of elements to null for documents parsed with an HTML parser.
> The HTML5 proposal says that it should be http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
> instead.
>

> For the purposes of CSS elements from documents parsed with an HTML
> parser are already in the http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace in
> Opera, Mozilla and I think Safari too. It would only make sense if this
> was done for the DOM too.

At W3C presumably this is something to be considered between the namespaces
recommendations, and the proposed HTML working group... IMHO (and
discussed if
necessary with CSS. I understand why they have special-cased HTML,
although it
isn't something that strikes me as a brilliant architectural principle in
general and I am wondering what the pros and cons are of going further
along
those lines).

Indeed, this raises a dependency issue since we are relying on the
Selectors
specification from the CSS group for what selectors actually are and match.

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com