Re: Selectors API naming

On 12/20/06, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com> wrote:
> ?  I never claimed there were technical problems with "matchAll" or
> "select" either - just that they didn't fit the pattern established by
> the other DOM Recommendation APIs,

Web authors don't encounter a consistent pattern, and what is and
isn't a DOM Recommendation API is an artificial distinction that
doesn't matter to most of them, though interoperability does (of
course). If the issue is only one of clarity and consistency, then I
heartily concur with Ian--that's what editors are for.

> To become a Recommendation, it has to go through a lot more
> analysis by multiple parties and multiple implementations, etc

Recommendations seem to vary widely in that regard.

--

Robert Sayre