Re: Selectors API naming

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:59:04 +0100, Robert Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ian Hickson wrote:
>>
>> In my experience with cat fighting on mailing lists, what you'll
>> end up having is whoever gave up last wins. This is more a test of who
>> has
>> the most free time, not a test of who has the strongest case.
>
> Agree.
>
> good luck,

True, although the ideal way of doing is presenting your case as
thoroughly as possible, avoiding repeating what others and yourself have
already said and let the decision-takers take it into consideration when
making their decision.

Also, if one keeps on repeating oneself or continues the "cat-fighting"
one's case might even decrease in their eyes, maybe not for the specific
issue, but at least in future quarrels.