Re: Selectors API naming

Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> FWIW - Dojo's function is actually [window.]dojo.byId()
> and I believe that Yahoo's is [window.]YAHOO.util.get()

Yes, those are the canonical locations. They are usually copied
around. But we arguing about the right side of the last period anyway.

On 12/20/06, Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc> wrote:

> That those methods have "failed" is not conclusive.

Well, the possibility has certainly been widely discussed.
<http://www.google.com/search?q=DOM+sucks>

I don't understand the appeal of consistency when each of the methods
takes a string mini-language as an argument.

Ian Hickson wrote:

> In my experience with cat fighting on mailing lists, what you'll
> end up having is whoever gave up last wins. This is more a test of who has
> the most free time, not a test of who has the strongest case.

Agree.

good luck,

Robert Sayre