Re: Selectors API naming

Hi-

Ian Hickson wrote:

 > This thread is going nowhere. I propose that we let the document's
 > editor take into account all the input and then have the editor make a
 > decision that addresses everyone's concerns as much as possible.

I agree that most of the useful arguments have been made.  Stripping
away the arguments themselves, there are only 3 stances:

1) Shorter names are preferred;
2) More descriptive names are preferred;
3) Names matching existing conventions are preferred.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that #1 is the odd one out.  I
don't care what the final name is, but it should match the latter 2
principals.

Regards-
-Doug

p.s. Bonus points to the first person to match that pattern using Selectors.