Re: Selectors API naming

"Robert Sayre" <sayrer@gmail.com>
> On 12/20/06, Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:
>> Not that I'm overly energised with naming, but...
>>
>> I agree with this view entirely.  getSomething is a pattern worth keeping
>> for developer sanity.
>
> JS programmers use short names for these things. Like $() instead of
> getElementById.

No, one group of JS programmers do that, it is not representative of the
entire industry at all, not one of the numerous multi-tens of thousand line
JS projects I've been involved with have done the above, and developer
strategies that believe 1 character method names is clear are not going to
care one jot what the original name in the DOM is.

Jim.