Re: ISSUE-72: should XMLHttpRequest be an EventTarget?

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:02:07 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>  1. To define the object as we want it be implemented in the end.
>     (This does not necessarily mean adding new features.)

There are *a lot* of features about XHR that I would like people to use
in the end. onreadystatechange would be nice to get people off of
entierly for example since having separate onload, onprogress and
onerror is a lot easier to use.

>  2. Better for new implementations.

I can agree to that.

>  3. One implementation already does it, two others are planning.

And the one with the vast majority of users does not as far as we know.

/ Jonas