Re: ISSUE-72: should XMLHttpRequest be an EventTarget?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 09:44:20 +0200
To: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:56:52 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> What is the advantage of doing this now as opposed to doing it in a
> version 2?

  1. To define the object as we want it be implemented in the end.
     (This does not necessarily mean adding new features.)
  2. Better for new implementations.
  3. One implementation already does it, two others are planning.
  4. Better for non-ECMAScript implementations.

Did I mention it just makes a lot of sense?