Re: ISSUE-58: XMLHttpRequest.abort() should just reset the object

Hi,

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:56:28 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> If that is indeed true we need to fix it I agree. Is there a sensible
>> value we could set .status to for example?
>
> Lets keep .status an HTTP status code. What about dispatching an abort
> event on the object as I suggested? Not sure if that's appropriate for
> this version though...

As far as I can see, dispatching another event will not permit to
distinguished between readyState = 4 that means LOADED and readyState =
4 that means ABORTED...

However I agree changing status to something else than just HTTP code is
probably not a good idea. That's why I was proposing (for future
version) yet another way to get that information...

--
Christophe