ISSUE-73: Are we going to support non-ECMAScript languages?

From: Web APIs Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:17:52 +0000 (UTC)
To: public-webapi@w3.org

ISSUE-73: Are we going to support non-ECMAScript languages?

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/webapi/issues/73

Raised by: Anne van Kesteren
On product: XMLHttpRequest

Are we? If so, the main problem, besides ISSUE-72, is how to create an instance
of the object. From what I recall from the discussions we have several options:

(a) Leave it up to the language
(b) Create a method on some object (like Window or Document) that returns an
    the object.
(c) Do it through DOMImplementation

Given that (c) seems to be the most "correct" solution I favor that one.