ISSUE-72: should XMLHttpRequest be an EventTarget?

From: Web APIs Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:05:35 +0000 (UTC)
To: public-webapi@w3.org

ISSUE-72: should XMLHttpRequest be an EventTarget?

http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/webapi/issues/72

Raised by: Anne van Kesteren
On product: XMLHttpRequest

I know we agreed to not do this for version 1.0 during our F2F (Oslo, 2006), but
I'd like to revisit it given that there's at least one implementation which is
doing this and it makes a lot more sense for other languages besides ECMAScript.
Did I mention it just makes a lot of sense?

(Another consequence of this will be that onreadystatechange becomes an
EventListener instead of a Function.)