Re: ISSUE-58: XMLHttpRequest.abort() should just reset the object

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:31:39 +0100
To: "Web APIs WG \(public\)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

"Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>

>1. Always go to 4 when abort is called

> We have done 1 in mozilla for years and no one (until the other week) has
> complained. So by that I would draw the conclusion that that is safe to
> do, however I reasoned the same way when it came to send-with-no-arguments
> and apparently a lot of people are doing that ;)

I'm strongly in favour of 1, it makes the most sense, the fact that IE does
not behave if abort is called in an onreadystatechange is fine, that is
something almost without a use case, and in those situations when there are
(you find out from a header that the rest of the request is unwanted) you
can do whatever you would do when 4 was received.

Cheers,

Jim.