Re: ISSUE-70: what to do about window timers?

From: Brad Fults <bfults@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 22:50:30 -0700
To: "Web APIs WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On 4/4/06, Web APIs Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org> wrote:
> A.2) Define using a TimerListener interface which is meant only for other languages, while ECMAScript only actually allows strings or functions to be passed.

I (and others) strongly advise against specifying a timer interface
that accepts strings of code as executable input.

It can continue to exist as an implemented behavior, but as it
essentially uses eval() for its functionality, it should be strongly
discouraged, and certainly not officially specified.

For more, see: http://xkr.us/js/eval

Thanks.

--
Brad Fults