(unknown charset) Re: ISSUE-67: Should resolution of relative URI references sent to location (unknown charset) be defined in JS bindings or generally?

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Web APIs Issue Tracker wrote:

> Assigning a relative URI reference to window.location (or using
> location.assing() or location.replace()) from JS has an odd quirk: the
> URI is resolved relative to the location of the window currently
> executing code, rather than the location it is actually being assigned
> to. This is kind of weird, and also doesn't make sense for languages
> other than ECMAScript. I can imagine the following possibilities:

We have to keep this behaviour in JS.

I don't care how it works in other languages, but I would encourage using
a solution that makes the JS behaviour prominent in the spec (i.e. mention
this in the part of the spec that defines things like location.replace()
and the magic location setter).